Summer is officially over and for a lot of people this means that their summer fling disappears quickly as well. If you are one of those people who is fling-less at the moment, do not despair, you are not alone. Here are a few tips on how to recover and get back out there:
1. Give yourself a two-week max moping period.
Yes it hurts when you had something great for a few months and then it’s gone. It’s okay to give yourself a little time to mourn it. Two weeks is enough; after that it’s time to get back into the dating game.
2. Remind yourself that it “wasn’t meant to be.”
If it were meant to be, it would have lasted. Don’t second guess it or try to bring it back. The way to get over something is by moving on to the next one.
3. Go out and buy a new outfit or a little pick-me-up present. This will make you feel better and help you make a fresh start.
4. Slowly get back out there.
If you aren’t ready for another one-on-one date just yet, go out to parties or with groups of friends. Just put yourself out there and try and meet new people without the intention of looking for a date and you might be surprised who you might meet.
5. Get Back in the game and move on to the next one. There are many great single people in The Dating Lounge; it might be time to change your match settings and see who you meet!