If you are single and not online dating, you probably should reconsider this decision. The fact is, singles everywhere are searching for and ultimately finding love online. There is no longer a stigma associated with online dating. Simply put, if you aren’t doing it, you are really missing out.
Here are some telling statistics about online dating from the Pew Research Center:
- 38% of American adults who are single are looking for love online.
- 23% of online daters say they have met a spouse or long term relationship through an online dating site.
- 59% of all internet users agree with the statement that “online dating is a good way to meet people.”
- 53% of internet users agree with the statement that “online dating allows people to find a better match for themselves because they can get to know a lot more people.”
- 42% of all Americans know an online dater, and 29% know someone who has used online dating to find a spouse or other long-term relationship.
If these stats have encouraged you to give online dating a try, be sure to head over to The Dating Lounge, the first ever invitation-only online dating community on Facebook where you can date your friends’ friends.